Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, November 16, 2009

Nov. 15, 2009

From Spring Branch, Texas.
Today was the day we planned to pick up my mother in Corpus Christi. We got up a little earlier than usual and were on the road around eight. Corpus is abot 190 miles. The terrain changes from the hill country to thick brush and then the coastal plain. I tought Indiana was flat untill were got close to Corpus. Gerri drove all the way and I napped most of the way. When we left spring Branch the GPS couldn't find my Uncle Curtis' address so I had just entered the city. We got to Corpus Christi at about 11:30 and stopped at a Cracker Barrel. I called but got a recording, they were in church. Gerri shopped until the call was returned. After getting the directions it only took a few minutes to get to the house. The problem with the address was the street is private property. Once I had the address of the complex it was a piece of cake.
During their visit the sisters had played bowling on the Wii game. Aunt Gloria demonstrated the bowing game and others on Wii. Guess what we aregetting for Christmas.
After lunch we gassed up and headed back to hill country. Gerri started driving, afetr about a hundred miles I took over so she could nap in my place. Gerri always says that when I drive the Jeep I jerk a lot. I tried to not be jerky and must have done ok. She slept most of the way to San Antonio.
We got back to Pual and Ann's about seven. After some TV and computertime we retired. As is her habit Glenna read for awhile before turning things off and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment