Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nov. 30, 2009

From Las Vegas, Nevada.
It's been awhile since I posted. We have been at the house in Las Vegas for a little over a week. Not much happening of note. I did have good news from my doctor's visits. My eyes are doing well no shots needed to hold off the macular degeneration. There was no change in my kidney function so the doctor reduced my prednisone dosage. I see my urologist tomorrow.
there are good things about being at the house; Grandkids, Grandkids and our Church Family.
I have noticed it's a lot further from the bed to the bathroom, an important trip for us old guys. The house being larger gathers more dust faster than the motorhome.
The frenzy starts soon. Decorating for Christmas. We ordered a new tree and it should be here later this week.
Before we left this summer we sold Gerri's Cadillac. Now we are car shopping, she has her eye on a Lincoln MKT. I swore off Fords in 1988 due to problems with a Lincoln Continental we had for two years. It wasn't the car so much as the dealer's service. I won't consider a foreign brand, even ones built in this country. GM and Chrysler are out of the question. Buying one of those brands means I pay twice and would validate both their bad business practices and the government bailout.
I still have the power reel problem to resolve with the coach. Other than that no problems, life is good.

I don't know what newspaper this was in, but it's clever:
From today's letters to the editor:
I don't understand why the White House is so upset about the two party crashers at Barack Obama's steak dinner the other night. Is it really appropriate and politically correct to call them party crashers just because they trespassed on Mr. Obama? Does that make them criminals? Isn't that discrimination? Shouldn't they be rewarded for such bold and brave behavior? Maybe they were just trying to feed their family? I would suggest that it's more appropriate to call them "undocumented guests." Just because they weren't officially invited doesn't mean they should be treated like criminals. Maybe they should get free health care, free housing, free legal services and free White House green cards so next time they can enter legally. And they should be able to bring all of their relatives and family members, too. How can Mr. Obama be mad at them just because they crossed over some arbitrary man-made border? They were there only to do the things that regularly invited guests didn't want to do. (Like hang out with Joe Biden.) How can the White House punish these poor oppressed undocumented visitors?
Brian K. Shoemake

No comments:

Post a Comment