Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nov. 4, 2009


From the Lake Conroe Thousand Trails Preserve, Willis, Texas. This was another down day, not even cleaning or laundry. I did meet an RVer with a 2003 Tradition that he just bought and sold him the surge protector that I no longer needed. This coach has surge protection built in, the ’03 didn’t.
We were set to leave Lake Conroe tomorrow but I got an e-mail from Ken and Sylvia Harwood that they couldn’t make it to Medina Lake. We also got a call back from Gerri’s Aunt in La Porte. We decided to stay another day at Lake Conroe. Tomorrow we plan to drive to La Porte to visit Gerri’s Uncle, Elbert Glenn Barnhart. Friday we will drive over to Spring Branch and park at our friend’s, Paul and Ann Conner. We will use their place as a base to visit with them, the Harwoods and Gerri’s old friend Bernadette Dass.
I went to the ranger station and got the permission fo the extra day and also cancelled the Medina Lake reservation.
This afternoon I got a call from Chase security, we have a credit card with them. Someone had charged $209 on my account and then tried the same amount three more times. After a phone conversation I had to cancel the card. Chase will issue me another with a new account number. It should get here tomorrow. The big hassle with this is all the bills I pay with this card that are deducted automatically, oh well I'll eventually hear from them all.Gerri and I went to Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant to have supper and to celebrate our birthdays. Today is Gerri’s birthday mine is next week. We had Oysters Pappadeaux for appetizers. For an entrĂ©e Gerri had filet mignon and lobster, I had pasta Mardi Gras. Gerri’s came with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. My dish was linguini with crayfish, shrimp, mushrooms and spicy sausage in a cream sauce. All in all a very good repast to top off a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment