Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tuesday March 11, 2014, Reno, NV

It was still another night with interrupted sleep.  There was an added blood draw at 4 AM.  My surgery was scheduled for 12:30, so no breakfast again today.

The wait was over at noon when two people came and wheeled me to the operating room.  Once there they spent quite awhile prepping me, stickers for electric leads all over, scrubbing and then isolating the area of the planned incision.  I was on the edge of sleeping during the surgery.  I was vaguely aware of pressure and people moving around.

I was back in the room by 1:40 and my lunch was waiting.  The food here is very good but they don't pay much attention to what I had marked on the menu.

During my supper Kathleen and the girls came to visit and brought us all root beer floats from Dairy Queen.  After they left I watched TV until 10:30.   The alarm on IV machine was going off and it took the nurse until past Elena to come by and shut it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment