Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Friday March 7, 2014 Reno, NV

While we were having our coffee and catching up on e-mail and such, Kathleen called.  We made arrangements to meet her for lunch at the Casa Grande. Mexican Restaurant on Robb Street.

We arrived and had chips and salsa.  When the food arrived I had a few bites and told Gerri I was light headed.  I wanted to go to the car and sit down but she had me stay seated.  It was a good thing she did. A few seconds later I told her I was going to pass out, and I did.  I woke up to questions from some medical people who came to my aid.  Paramedics arrived and started an IV.  My pulse was in the 30's and my blood pressure was very low.

I was transported to St. Mary's Hospital ER.  After some time my pulse had come up to my normal 45-50 and my blood pressure was better, I had stopped sweating and my color was better.  The doctor wanted to keep me overnight for observation and more tests.  His supposition was that for some reason my medicines had built up and caused my heart rate and blood pressure to drop.  I have been taking some new blood pressure medicine for a couple of weeks.  He thought I would be better as the medicines wore off.

It was seven pm by the time I was taken to a room and by that time I was feeling good.  Gerri went over to Kathleen's for a little while and ate her leftover's from lunch.  She then went back to the timeshare at a little after eight.  I had a good supper and several pokes and checks during the evening.

On another note the climate control in Gerri's car started acting up .  It was putting out warm air but she couldn't control it.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I am so sorry to hear of your issues. I do hope you get to feeling fine once more.

    ReplyDelete