Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunday March 9, 2014 Reno, NV

Another night of interrupted sleep.  Awakened by nurses for blood pressure checks and medications. The IV monitor also had several false alarms.  My blood pressure was still high, but better than last night.

Gerri had to check out of the timeshare at ten and and then came to the hospital shortly after that.

A doctor came by at about one.  He discussed the medications I have been taking and was planning to release me after reviewing my tests and history on the heart monitor.

The doctor came back and told us he was sending the hospital cardiologist to see me.  There is a possibility that I may have to have a pacemaker implanted to control my heart rate.

The cardiologist came and explained why he thought the pacemaker was necessary.  After a lot of questioning he convinced me.  The surgery is tentatively tomorrow. I did ask that he consult with my cardiologist in Las Vegas before I made a final decision.  After he left I read a lot of information on the Internet and wrote down several questions.  By the time I asked the nurse to contact him he had gone home.  As it stands right now I don't get to eat or drink anything after midnight, in case we do have the surgery.

I had dinner about 5:30.  Gerri went to a Wendy's and brought me a root beer float for dessert.  She then went to Kathleen's for dinner and will spend the night there.

With all these happy thoughts and a lot of prayers, I called it a night at about eleven.  

2 comments:

  1. Frank and Gerri, I am praying for you both. God Bless. Patty Madrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank
    We are thinking of you.
    I am sure you will do OK with the pace maker operation.
    Mona's father had a pace maker put in 6 years ago at age 91.
    He just has checked every 6 months.
    Battery good for 10 years.
    Take care and hang in there.
    Lou Milioti

    ReplyDelete