Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Monday March 10, 2014 Reno, NV

The night was normal, several interruptions to check me out.  I did sleep pretty well despite everything that was going on.

Per doctor's orders I had no breakfast in anticipation of surgery.  Another cardiologist came in and summarized the need for the pacemaker.  I ask her several questions that I had after reading information about Pacemakers online.  Her answers and explanations and explanation helped me decide to go ahead with the Proceedure.  A downside of the procedure is that it won't fix the a-fib problem.  I will have to continue the blood thinner and other medicines associated  with that condition and my blood pressure.  

Another thing I found out was that when a person comes to the ER under these conditions I had there is a flag  placed on the drivers license.  This flag suspends driving privileges until the medical condition is corrected.  The government giveth and the government taketh away. 

At first the doctor said the procedure would be this afternoon and that I could have breakfast.  A little while later she came back and cancelled breakfast, saying she will try to get the procedure scheduled earlier.  Even though the food here has been very good, I didn't mind.  The anticipation and apprehension period will be shorter.

At eleven I was told that the surgery would be tomorrow.  The delay was to decrease the effects of the anti-coagulant I had last taken Thursday morning.

The rest of the day was back to the hospital routine.

Gerri left right after supper.  Kathleen had fixed traditional corned beef and cabbage.

I read until about 9:30 and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment