Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 8, 2010

From Heyburn, ID, N42°34.178’ W113°43.548’

Day 97

We finally left Montana, roaring across the Snake River into Idaho at about noon.

Our route was southwest on US-287 to US-20 to I-15 to I-86. The country was higher but there was still a lot of agricultural activity and fishing turnouts along the way. We crossed the Snake River several more times. A couple of miles from the RV Park the Snake River separates the town of Heyburn, ID from Burley, ID.

I did one cache by the road just south of Ennis and another at a rest stop in Idaho. We also had lunch at the rest stop.

We got to Heyburn, ID at about 2:30. After setting up I went out and did seven caches. Gerri fixed supper at the coach, baked chicken and sweet potatoes. I thought I needed three more for 3200, so I went out after supper and bagged three more. Turns out I’m only at 3199, well maybe tomorrow. After those three it was too dark, I don’t cache well in the dark.

We plan to make it to Carlin, NV tomorrow, about 224 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment