Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 11, 2010

From Reno, NV, N39°34.084’ W119°49.365’

Day 100

Gerri got up at 4AM to go with Kathleen and the girls to see the Balloon Glow program and watch the balloons lift off. I slept in. Gerri got back at about 8. Pictures are posted on her Facebook page. Some of the balloons came over the RV Park. This was looking out the window by my computer.


In the afternoon Gerri took the girls shopping until the credit card melted. Glenna went outside for awhile and sat in the sun.

For supper we went to Panda Express and picked up Chinese to take to Kathleen’s for supper. Now you wouldn’t believe that going to pick up to go food would be an adventure, but you have never gone with the Barkers. The closest Panda’s is on Plumb about 7 miles from the park. No problem yet. I entered Kathleen’s address in to the GPS. It directed us to US-395 north and the west on I-80. Due to construction we turned where we thought the ramp was, that put us on I-80 east. The first place to turn back was over a mile and a half. Off we went but the turn back on the on ramp was so quick we missed it and had to go up the street to make a u-turn. Back on I-80 west bound. More construction a short detour on US-395 north and back to Plumb we made the correct turn and we were back on track west bound on I-80. For a simple errand we saw a lot of Reno and a little of Sparks.

The food was good but I ate way too much. Sean wanted me to watch him play WoW until his Dad came to pick him up at 8. Plans changed and Kathleen took the kids to their Dad’s.

We went back to the coach. Sean called and said he was on restriction for five more minutes and to meet him on WoW. I played for about an hour but no Sean. Gerri went to bed early and Glenna and I watched TV or read until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment