Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 10, 2010

From Reno, NV, N39°34.084’ W119°49.365’

Day 99

We woke up to a cold, clear sunny day. We were on the road about 10am enroute to Reno. The scenery along I-80 is that of occasional ranches around stream area, brown grass and sage with rocky mountain’s not far off. This pretty much describes a lot of Nevada. I for one like the stark scenery which in the clear air seems so in focus for long distances. Central Montana is ok, but I’m not a flatlander. I also feel more comfortable now with the mountains close by.

We stopped at a WalMart in Fernley for some groceries. While Gerri shopped I walked to a nearby cache. It was a lamp post skirt but a cache none the less. We then went to the other end of Fernley planning to buy fuel. We spotted a Blue Beacon truck wash near the station. The coach was the dirtiest I have ever seen it after driving through so much rain and gunk on the road. It looked good again after the wash and after getting fuel we were off to Reno again.

We were in the Shamrock RV Park and setup by 4. The park is not too bad, it’s in an industrial area, it is all pavement but has a lot of trees that make it look better. The roads are narrow but I had no real trouble getting the coach in the site.

Kathleen and the kids came over at about 5 and we decided on supper at their house, which is about five miles away. We had spaghetti and garlic toast which really tasted good. Before and after supper Sean showed me his WoW characters and I watched him play.

Gerri took Shannon shopping and Glenna and I went back to the RV Park. Sean wanted to play WoW, but my computer kept stalling.

The Reno Balloon Festival is this week end so Gerri plans to get up at 4 to go see the Glow and the balloons taking off.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like some things are beginning to get back to some resemblance of normal for you. Relax and enjoy!!! You deserve it!

    Alan

    ReplyDelete