Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

September 17, 2010

From Las Vegas, NV, N 36° 05.386’ W 115° 15.719’

Day 106, the last.

Moving day again, up early getting ready to move. Before unhooking I decided to try the cache in the river bed again. This time the gate opened on the first try. I did prop it open just in case. It was an easy walk to the cache along a dirt trail beside the dry river bed. Got it, that makes 285 for this trip.

We were on the road by 8:15. I only got boxed in one time going over Tehachapi so we made good time. We stopped for lunch in Lynwood and then continued on I-15 to Las Vegas. No problems along the way and only two stops.

We got home about 2 and were met by a parade, Capt. Janet and her dog, Sgt. Sugar. Dana and the kids came over, great to see the little ones.

We did get some things unloaded, but have more to do tomorrow.

I probably won’t do many Blogs until we are traveling again. Who knows I might get fired up.

1 comment:

  1. So you are finally back home once more. I hope things go well for you and Glenna there!

    Alan & Joan

    ReplyDelete