Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Saturday April 16, 2016 Lake Havasu City, AZ

We had spent much of the last couple of days getting ready for a week long visit to Lake Havasu City.  We will visit our friends Alice and Keith Kerslake, staying at our lot in Havasu RV Resort.

We were ready to travel by 11 AM.  We got as far as Buffalo and Russell Road and the alarm was activated at the house.  I pulled over and deactivated it and then reset it.  We had just entered I-215 east and the alarm activated again.  John went by the house and took care of contact with the alarm company.  We have had trouble with sensors shifting out of range.  The alarm company will have to come out and check them.

This short trip is also to be a check run for the coach in preparation of our long trip this summer.

The trip to Lake Havasu City is about 160 miles. The only problem was the wind.  Much of the time we were limited to about 50 mph.  It was especially bad when driving east on I-40, of course it has been years since US-94 from the Laughlin turnoff to I-40 had been improved.  It is rough, winding, has dips and not very good shoulders.

We were set up in our lot by 3.  It was windier than in Las Vegas.  I didn't put up the flags.  I also didn't put out the awning although that meant keeping the blinds down on the west side of the coach.

Keith and Alice came over, they have the next lot east, and we visited for awhile.  At 4:30 had Happy Hour with neighbors on the next street north.  They had crackers and smoked salmon snacks.  Later Alice made dinner.  We had delicious old fashion cheeseburgers with macaroni salad.

Back at our coach I tried to get on the Internet.  The park Internet was slow and for some reason I couldn't get logged on to Keith's system.  Gerri was able to get on with both her iPad and laptop.  I tried rebooting and  I turned off my computer and it started installing 65 updates, this computer hadn't been used since September.  I gave up and went to bed at 9:30.

Found this picture on line, minus the wind 

No comments:

Post a Comment