Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Monday April 18, 2016 Lake Havasu City, AZ

Another windy night and morning.  We had our coffee and caught up on computer chores.  The park wifi is nearly useless and at least on my computer Keith's wifi comes and goes.

I spent more time planning our trip. Some of my planning had to be redone since we now plan to visit Neva while she is in Flagstaff.  We also now plan to attend a cousin's wedding in the Dallas area at the end of May.  After leaving Dallas I planned two routes north east to Charlotte, MI. and on to St. John, New Brunswick.  I planned the last part of the route via Toronto and Montreal, later Gerri mention it might be better to drive further south and stay in the USA most of the drive.  I may have to replan.

I called for reservations in the more critical areas, Flagstaff, Kyle, and Dallas.  I then had to replan the Kyle and Dallas portions as some of the places I had planned to stay weren't available.  Tomorrow, I will start trying to make reservations after Little Rock and up thru the midwest.  I may have to do more re-planning.

In the later afternoon we drove downtown to the post office and to do some shopping.  I tried to find 3 caches and was only successful with one.  At least the one I found took a 5 year old DNF off my list.

For dinner Gerri prepared pork chops and home fries.

All day I could see Keith working around his place.  They are packing up, they are buying a house in Mennefee, CA and putting their place here up for sale. They plan to leave here on Saturday.  I feel a little guilty about not being much help.  With my balance and endurance, I would be more of a hindrance.

Today's picture is of a gift from Montyne and John, Just Flowers, made to decorate the motorhome.  We hung them just behind the driver's seat after our travels were over last fall.

We were in bed before 10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment