Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, September 4, 2015

Thursday September 3, 2015 Verdi, NV

Another windy night and a lot of strong gusts during the morning.  We had our coffee, caught up on computer stuff and watched some TV.

In the afternoon I went to Verdi and hunted some caches that for some reason hadn't shown up on my original query.  I drove up an old road that had been the original route of US-40.  Between in town and on the old road into the hills I found 5 and DNFed 2. The road led from Verdi into California.  One cache I didn't find was next to a marker that marked the still valid section of the Von Schmidt survey of the California/Nevada border.  Years ago I did a cache at a Von Schmidt marker near Laughlin.  That part of the border was re surveyed and that part of the Von Schmidt line was ruled as invalid by the courts.



Looking back toward Verdi from the old Lincoln Highway


















Gerri had asked me to be back  by 4, so I would have time to clean up before meeting Kathleen and Glenn at the Sasquatch Grill in Verdi.  We met them at 6:30.  We were surprised to see Shannon with them  This will be the last time we will see her this trip.  She goes to her father's house after school tomorrow.  Gerri and I had their famous hamburgers, Glenn and Shannon had fish and chips, Kathleen had fish tacos.  All were very good.  Best of all we had left overs.




Gerri, Shannon and me
We said goodbye at the restaurant after making plans for Gerri and Kathleen to meet and go for pedicures.  We also made tentative plans to take Maddy to dinner on Saturday evening.  We gotta see the baby again.

Back at the coach we watched TV, had some time on the computers and read until bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment