Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Saturday September 5, 2015 Verdi, NV

It was cold out during the night, 35.  We had left the space heater on a low setting in the center of the coach.  The inside temperature was warmer than yesterday.  We had our coffee and caught up on e-mail and Facebook.

The only plans for the day were to meet Kathleen and Glenn at Louis' Corner Basque Corner at 6 PM. Knowing that there were still unfound caches in Verdi, I went to see if I could find a few.I guess 2 is a few.  I looked for 3 others without success  I sure have left a lot of caches unfound on this trip.  Only a couple have been found by other cachers since I looked.  As far as I know only one cache owner has checked on a cache after I logged the DNF.  My cache count is now at 5013 found.  I Had hoped to have many more but you may recall that the pain in my leg slowed me down.  As the pain lessened and could walk short distances, I set a goal of reaching 5000.  We still plan to stop in Beatty on the way back to Las Vegas and I should be able to find a few more.  I haven't cached in the Beatty area for over 10 years so there are a lot of newer caches there.

Glenn and Kathleen
We went into Reno and arrived at Louis' Basque Corner just a few minutes before Kathleen and Glenn.  http://louisbasquecorner.com/ We were greeted immediately and seated at a table with 3 others.  The meals here are served family style.  The salad, fries and pinto beans are included in every meal and passed around the table with refills for the asking.  Entrees are served individually. Louis' serves a variety of entrees, other Basque restaurants we have been to serve one entree which changes day to day.  As entrees we had: shrimp in a white sauce for Gerri and Kathleen; grilled pork tenderloin topped with sauteed red peppers, mushrooms and onions for me; and grilled lamb chops for Glenn.  We also had an order of Sweetbreads that we shared.  The dessert offering at Louis' is vanilla ice cream with or without chocolate syrup.  We all had left overs.  The meals here have always been delicious and satisfying, they keep us coming back.

We got back to Gold Ranch at about 9:45 after the great meal and visiting.  Some computer time, TV and reading brought us to bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment