Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Wednesday August 26, 2015 Morgan Hill, CA

We were up having our coffee and computer time when the Ranger at the park gate called and said our package was here.  This was our replacement Visa Card we were expecting.  By the time I got ready to go to the gate house, the ranger called back and said she was starting out on her rounds of the park and would drop off the package at our site.

We waited and waited.  I went out into the space between the Kerslake's and us and cleaned up burned charcoal and ashes that inconsiderate previous campers had dumped near one of the trees and under one of the grills.  I waited some more, and then drove our trash and what I picked up to the garbage dumpsters.  I waited some more and we had lunch.  Gerri made herself a sandwich and I warmed up the last of the pasta left over from Sicilia In Bocca.

I decided not to wait any longer so I headed out for town to hunt some caches and get the Jeep washed.  The last time the Jeep was washed was when we got to Oceanside at the end of June.  It had all the dirt gathered from the sea air at Oceanside for a month and the heavier dirtier air settled in the moisture at Oceano.  I decided to get it washed in spite of the fact this RV park has dirt roads and is very dusty.  Few people really know what 5 mph really is and with diesel pushers there is no dust free speed.

I got the package.  The ranger apologised, saying she just hadn't been able to get away.  I found a car wash in Morgan Hill.  It was moderately busy so there was a wait.  What a difference a wash makes.

Like yesterday, I had a horrible time with caches.  Today I screened the ones out that had at least 2 did not find logs.  I also screened out and didn't hunt caches that had no logs since May or June.  All that cut into the time I had to hunt, Gerri likes me to be home by 5.  I did manage to find two caches. I Didn't find 4 others.

Gerri, red'n up the area before dinner
Back at the RV Park we visited while Alice and Gerri made dinner.  Tonight we had flat iron steak, brussel sprouts, a grilled romaine salad and Ravioli.  The ravioli was beet and goat cheese.  Sounds strange but it was very good with a pesto sauce.

After dinner and some more conversation we went in the coach.  Some TV and reading finished the night at about 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment