Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Friday April 24, 2015 Columbus, Mississippi

We stayed in bed too late to take advantage of the free breakfast, well free in that it was part of the price we payed for the hotel room.

Gerri visited in the lobby with some of the other class mates who were staying at this hotel.  At about 11:30 she and some others went out to tonight's venue to get things set up.  I read for a while and checked on things on the computer.  I had a problem with an account at Bank of the West and spent quite a while on the phone trying to get it taken care of.  They had no explanation for the problem, so I didn't really accomplish much.

Gerri came back to the hotel just as I was leaving to go geocaching.  She wanted to get to tonight's event about 4 an wanted me to come at 5.  I took her car to go caching and get some things at a nearby WalMart.  I found one cache and DNFed 2 before going to WalMart.  I found 3 in the WalMart parking lot and seven others nearby before another DNF behind a shopping center.

With 10 finds and 3 did not finds, I called it a day.

 After changing cloths I joined Gerri at the site of her reunion event at Jimmy Graham's Camp House.  There was a good turnout and Gerri talked to and reminisced with many classmates.  Food was good and plentiful.  Someone must had a lot of leftovers, especially chips and dips.  It rained a little but not enough to dampen the party.  People started drifting away at about 8:00.


Barbara Scholz Lazerio and Gerri

l-r: Janice Warren, Cindy Swift Cline, Gerri, Stella VanZanten, Deborah Hilton, Sallie Hardy, Dianne Dowdle, Sandra Mims

Gerri and Maro Malone Manning


After getting back to the hotel, the classmates that were staying at the Wingate, visited in the lobby for a couple of hours.

We called is a night after what seemed to be a long day.







No comments:

Post a Comment