Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, February 17, 2014

Saturday February 15, 2014, Las Vegas, NV

I had my coffee and started getting ready to travel.  I decided to go home today instead of Sunday.

I took my time getting ready.  I hooked up the Jeep and dumped the holding tanks.  Unhooked from water and power.  There wasn't much to put away inside.  I got my coffee and water in place where I could reach them and pulled out of Vito's a little after 10 AM.

For the return trip I choose to take I-40 west to Blyth and then go north on US-95.  No work has been done on the section of US-95 between Blyth and Vidal Junction since the first time I ever traveled that route, probably 50 years ago.  The road improves north of Vidal Junction, at least until getting on I-40 near Needles.  There is work being done on this stretch of I-40, but it's been going on for years. Although it doesn't avoid all of US-95 or I-40, AZ-95 through Parker, AZ is the best choice when going to or leaving Quartzsite.

I got home about 3:15.  I did take the Jeep and get it washed before settling in at home.  I like traveling but it's usually good to get home.  Even more so from a trip without Gerri.


No comments:

Post a Comment