Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, December 2, 2013

Sunday December 1, 2013, Buda, TX.

We got up and started our coffee.  Vanessa had spent the night with us and we planned to go to Church at 10 AM.  Vanessa had her snacks and I got cleaned up and dressed for Church.  We went to the Buda/Kyle Church of Christ.  The Church was about 5 miles from the park and on the way to Curtis' house.

Brandon points to the cache while Vanessa holds it.
 We changed clothes at Curtis'.  Curtis, Brandon and Vanessa went with me to find some geocaches.  The first one we went to was one in Old Town Kyle that I had looked for before.  I figured that more eyes had a better chance of finding it.  I spotted the cache very quickly this time.  It was a small magnetic bison container painted to match the rusty windmill frame. Sometimes it amazes me how I overlook something.  The container was small and well hidden but I have found several like it..


Because I have been caching in the area for a week, the caches are getting further away.  I'm sure there are closer caches left but I filter out high terrain ratings, multi caches, puzzle caches and earth caches.  That said it was a long drive to the next cache and somehow a multi cache had gotten on my list.  On the way to the cache we passed two crash sites.  One, an alien space ship with two surviving aliens and the other a US missile, maybe the one that shot down the aliens.  We got to the area and even though it was a multi cache we started hunting for the first clue.  I found it near a fence post.



It was a match safe with a note giving directions to the final cache.  While I was hunting the first stage Curtis had been looking around where we parked and found a bird house suspended in a tree by a rope.  That turned out to be the cache.  This by far the largest cache I have found in the area and had the best trading items I had seen for a long time.  The cache hadn't been found since March.  We set the GPS for the next closest cache.  The route took us further along the same country road.  At least it did until the road ended at a locked gate.  We turned around and had to drive back to San Marcos to pick up I-35 going north.  When we got to the turnoff to Curtis' house the cache was still further north.  We decided to call it a day and went to the house.

Dana and Gerri had gone shopping.  The kids went to play with other kids in the neighborhood.  Curtis and I visited with a couple of his neighbors.

Dana grilled chicken and ribs for dinner and we had a great meal.  After dinner the kids lit another Hanukkah candle and opened gifts.  Vanessa's gift was clothing and Brandon's was a Jenga game.  After the kids were ready for bed we played a game of Jenga.  The game lasted longer than I have ever seen a Jenga game go.  Brandon finally removed the piece that made the tower collapse.  That made Gerri the winner since she was the last one to successfully remove a piece and place it back on top of the tower.

The sunset was really pretty tonight and I managed to get a picture without the buildings showing.  We returned to the coach at 8:40.  I called it a night by 9:30 and Gerri was up longer on her computer.

Tomorrow we plan to visit Paul and Ann Conner in Spring Branch and have supper with them.  We also hope that parts have come in and some work can be done on the coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment