Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Saturday December 7, 2913, Casa Grande, AZ

Gerri got up earlier than I did.  After I fixed coffee and enjoyed a few sips I walked about .30 miles to try to find a cache.  I didn't find it and the walk was in bitter cold with a wind in my face.

We got on the road at about 9 AM.  Our goal for today was Casa Grande, AZ.  The trip is mostly along I-10 with a short section of I-8 before we turn off into town.  There were clouds with a little sky showing when we left Las Cruces.  Later we ran in to fog .  It was with us for quite a while but wasn't freezing nor affecting visibility like after we left Fort Stockton.  We stopped in Lordsburg, NM  for fuel.  It was clear there but still cold with a wind blowing.  We also picked up tuna sandwiches at a Subway shop.  Gerri ate hers while we drove on.  I stopped at the first rest stop in Arizona and ate my sandwich.  Later we stopped again at a rest stop in Texas Canyon and I got the information for an earth cache..

Our next stop was at a Blue Beacon truck wash in Eloy, AZ. That took awhile since there was a truck and motor home ahead of us.  The wait wasn't as long as I expected since they were operating two wash bays.

We arrived at the Casita Verde RV park in Casa Grande at about 5 PM and got set up.  Our site was the first back in site we used since Hilton Head.  Even though it was tight, I had no trouble backing in with Gerri directing me.  Casita Verde is an Encore par so we got a discount due to our membership in Thousand Trails.We had to unhook the Jeep before parking, but since we were going to Ben and Merridy Barnhart's for dinner, we had to unhook it anyway.

I hooked up sewer and water since we plan to be in Las Vegas tomorrow evening or possibly Monday.  The coach will be parked for several months so I want the tanks fairly empty.

Ben and Merridy Barnhart
We drove to Ben and Merridy's house about two miles away.  Ben is Gerri's 2nd cousin.  Until recently they had been motorhome travelers and we have met them in Montana a couple of times and once in Pahrump.  We had a nice visit and a great meal before returning to our coach for the evening.

I was tired and went to bed early.


No comments:

Post a Comment