Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, May 3, 2013

Thursday, May 2, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

I brought the motor home to the house yesterday afternoon.  Vicki cleaned the inside after she finished the house.  I had Red Rock RV Wash come out and wash the motor home, including the roof.

We didn't have a lot to load on board and pulled out at about 10 AM.  Our route was Hacienda to Rainbow, to CC-215 to I-515 to US-93.  We traveled US-15 to I-40 on to AZ-93 to Lake Havasu City.  The wind was blowing all the time.  It was from behind us until we turned on I-40.

We arrived at the Havasu RV Resort at about 1 PM.  Alice greeted us in the office.  We are staying at the site we plan on buying, so it only cost us $5 to register.  Our site is #167, next door to the west from our friends Keith and Alice.  I backed into the site.  When the wind is calmer I plan to check and see if I can pull in, depends on enough shore power cord to reach the power pedestal.  We should meet the owners of the site this evening and finalize the sale, it will then be our property.

After getting all set up I tried to check my e-mail.  I hadn't used the computer since our February/March trip and forgot that I hadn't re-installed Microsoft Office since the disk had been reformatted.  That means no Outlook, I'm getting my Cox e-mail through their web-mail   We have a good connection so it doesn't seem as slow as usual.  I brought Gerri's old laptop to configure for my use.  I brought some program disks to load on that computer, ones she normally doesn't use.  Microsoft Office wasn't one of them.

The site owners Gary and Linda Michaelis came by at about three and we discussed various things about the sale and purchase.  They will pick us up at 12:30 tomorrow to go to the title company to finalize the sale.

It turns out Keith is in Texas for a business meeting.  That and the wind combined led us to the decision to eat out.  We went to the Lil China Restaurant downtown.  Good food and plenty of it.

After returning to the park and saying our good nights to Alice, we watched a little TV and caught up our e-mail.  We were in bed by 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment