Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday, May 3, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

Since it was early to bed last night, it was early to rise this morning.  Some time during the night the wind had stopped.  After making coffee I went out and put the flags up.  I didn't want to do that yesterday because I knew the flapping would keep me awake.  Once the flags are up I leave them up.  I have a light on the pole that lights up the flags.

Linda and Gary picked us up at about 12:15.  We went to the title company and the agent went through the paper work we had filled out on the terms of the sale.  We should be able to close escrow early next week before going back to Las Vegas.  The manager of the title company also notarized our signatures on the deed transfer for the sale of our property in Elko, NV.  We visited for awhile after returning to the park.  Gary and Linda are leaving Friday for their home in Washington.  They have a winter home here in Lake Havasu City and a summer home in Washington, nearer to their children and grandchildren.

Later in the afternoon Gerri and Alice went shopping.  I had asked in the park office where a UPS store was, they directed me to a nearby Staples store.  I went there and shipped the escrow papers back to the title company in Elko to finalize the sale of our land there.  While I was out I stopped at a sales lot that features old vehicles and hot rods for sale.  They had several '57 Chevy and a few older Chevy's.  An interesting exercise in nostalgia, but I don't think I need another car.  Even a fun one.

Dinner was planned for six at Alice's place.  We went there and visited with another neighbor couple we had met here in February.  That delayed supper but not too long.  Before dinner we had guacamole with some mango mixed in and chips. Alice grilled corn on the cob and steaks and made her famous onion salad.  Gerri sauteed mushrooms and grilled bread.  Quite a feast.

We called it a night at about 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment