Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday, May 5, 2013, Lake Havasu City, AZ

Up early again today,  I guess it has something to do with going to bed at 9:30.  The wind that came up last night stayed with us.  If it is blowing tonight I think I will take the flags down.  I won't be bothered by the flapping and there will be less wear and tear on the flags.

After coffee we tuned into the Bible study web cast from Oakey Blvd. Church of Christ.  Gerri stayed at the coach for the web cast of the worship service.  I got dressed and went to worship at the Palo Verde Church of Christ, it is only a couple of miles south on AZ-95.  The sermon was on Jonah and his attempts to run from the commands of God.  At the end of services the preacher announced that he had to move at the end of May because of illness in his family.  This is a congregation of about 50 that will now be looking for a new minister.  As usual in these situations it will be up to the men of the congregation to share the duties of the minister until a new one is located.  From my short conversations with the minister and other members of the congregation there are several capable and willing men to keep things moving along during the search.  In Matthew 16:18 Christ say"..upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."  Surely keeping the "gates of hell" at bay is a more formidable task than guiding the congregation through a search for a new preacher.

In the afternoon I went out and found three nearby caches that my previous pocket query missed.  They were all easy.

Gerri fixed enchiladas, Alice fixed Mexican Rice and we had supper at her place.  The wind had slowed down to a nice breeze and it was very comfortable.

It may sound like a dull day, but it was a grand day to enjoy God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment