Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I went to bed early last night, but it doesn't necessarily follow that I got up early today.
After coffee and checking e-mail and Facebook,I got out and did some geocaching.  I found seven and DNF'ed three.  While looking for a way to get to one of the caches I saw several police cars moving around the area.  When I found the street leading to the cache I turned on it.  The street was a dead end and four police cars were parked before the end.  I went to the end of the street and turned around, the cache was only 40' away.  I decided to give it a try.  One of the policemen came and ask me if I come here often.  I explained to him about geocaching.  Of course I showed him my Police ID.  He told me they were there looking for a day time burglar that had broken into an occupied house.  He went back to what he was doing and I made a cursory search for the cache, but no luck finding it.  At least he didn't stick around while I searched, my attention was divided and I didn't spend a lot of time looking.  Three of the officers were standing in the road as I left, I stopped to wish them luck catching the burglar.  One officer commented that I was driving a nice looking car and ask what kind of mileage I was getting.  I told her between 19 and 20 mpg. She repeated that it is a nice looking car.  When I told her I bought it for my wife as a Christmas present she asked if I had any brothers.  One of the other officers said I was lucky to get to drive it, as the only time he got to drive his wife's car was when it needed gas or washed.
Gerri and Neva stayed at the timeshare.  Gerri did take a walk around the property and spotted  lemon, orange and tangerine trees. Before it got dark I went and picked some lemons to go with the fish that Gerri planned for supper.
Before supper I did my assigned exercises including the dreaded leg extensions with a weight on my knee to get the joint to go beyond straight.   That is one of the longest 20 minutes you can imagine.  I did do a little better on the exercises that involve balance.
Last of the Christmas Cake
For supper we had salad, salmon, vegetable and some more focaccia bread.  After supper we had the last portions of the 2012 Christmas Cake.
We finished off the evening with TV, computer and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment