Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Saturday February 28, 2015 Lake Havasu City, AZ

This morning started as cloudy and cooler than yesterday.  I made coffee and we drank that during computer time.

Keith had a 9 o'clock appointment for a cat scan. so our plan was to have breakfast after he finished that.  We followed them downtown to Juicy's,  Besides good food, Keith and Alice have friends who work there.  Gerri and I both had Hash and Eggs, very good.  Gerri had leftovers, I didn't.


London Bridge in Havasu City, AZ

After breakfast we went to the London Bridge for pictures. Keith and Alice then went to a BBQ contest, we choose to go back to the coach.  














Cacti were in bloom

Gerri stayed at the coach to play her egg game.  I went out caching.  My first cache was one that I had not found during our last visit here in May 2013. I had to travel a couple of miles on dirt roads and the walk about a hundred yard to the cache site.  The cache name was "Willard Is Watching" and it was hidden in a hole in a rock.  
Willard is watching from out there.
I found it easily this time.  Of course then I had to drive out on the rough dirt roads.  Back on pavement I then found two caches in the marshy area that is a wildlife sanctuary along the lake.  Both these cache required a walk along trails and then some bushwhacking.  The forth and lst cache I found was in a buiness area and was one I had looked for before.  I found it so easily that it is hard to believe that it was in the same location two years ago when I looked.


I unsuccessfully looked for another cache.  Gerri called and asked me to bring home burgers and fries from In-N-Out.  I did and that was our dinner.

At about 8:30 gerri went to bed to read and was asleep before 9.  I stayed up longer spending most of the time playing solo Words with friends.  I won two and tied one against the computer.  The games takes awhile because the computer takes two minutes to make a play after yours.

During the day the wind had come up and rain was forecast for Sunday.  March may come in like a Lion.  In any event February 2015 is in the history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment