Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Monday January 27, 2014, Carlsbad, CA

We started our morning with coffee and catching up on computer things.

In the late morning Gerri fixed breakfast adding to the left overs from IHOP for a good meal.

At about 11:30 I went for my morning walk.  I have been trying to walk 2000 steps in the morning afternoon and evening.  I often combine the morning walk with the afternoon or the afternoon walk with the evening walk.  Next month I want to up my goal, eventually reaching 10000 steps a day.  That would be about 4-5 miles.  When I was running I averaged over five miles a day for several years.  Today’s walk took me to the nearby Costco parking lot.  There was a cache listed there, but the last log was a did not find.  I looked in all the likely spots and had the same luck as the last cacher, DNF.

I headed back to the resort.  Oddly it took fewer steps to return.  I had to walk a way past the resort and back to reach the 2000 for the afternoon.

The sun had burned away the overcast and we had a good view of the ocean.  Of course I didn't think of taking pictures until the clouds rolled back in.

Sunset begins
Gerri planned to cook a seven bone roast for supper and borrowed a roasting pan from the resort.  We needed some other grocery items to complete the meal and others we will have at the resort, so Gerri and I went to the Albertson's in Carlsbad Village.  For a small store this Albertson's has a large selection of fresh vegetables, some that I never heard of.
By the time we got back to the resort the clouds had come in over the ocean.  The clouds changed the view and made for a great sunset.  Pictures don’t do the sunset justice.


Our supper was the seven bone roast cooked with potatoes, carrots and onions with sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese on the side.  It was another great meal by Gerri.  Plus we had enough leftovers for another meal later.
Day is done, gone the Sun,
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky,
 All is well, safely rest,
God is nigh
After supper we played Mexican Train. It was nip and tuck all the way but I managed to squeak out the win.
After the game I went for my evening walk.  It was darker than I had expected.  The sidewalk around the top of the flower fields didn’t have as many street lights as I had expected.

Computer time and reading finished off the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on your walking. I have been doing 6 to 8 miles per day, when the weather will allow, which is most of the time, but not yesterday. Freezing rain and sleet most of the day.

    ReplyDelete