Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014, Las Vegas, NV

We are on the second day of our not far away cation,  Even though I had went to bed early I slept in. I guess we needed to catch up on sleep.

I took a morning walk from the Hilton north to Sahara and found two geocaches.  It has been about eight years since I cached on the Strip.  Walking back south I stopped at a CVS and bought coffee filters. The coffee supplied by the Hilton is in small filter bags but only make about 16 ounces at a time.  So to use our own coffee I needed small cone filters.

When I got back to the room Gerri was ready to go to lunch.  We had decided to walk to the Peppermill.  The Peppermill has been at this location on the Strip since 1972.  I think the last time we were there was in 1978.  We had eggs and hash, and took our leftovers back to our room.

I have lived in Las Vegas for 51 years and except for a couple of brief times in the '60's it has been a boom town.  For many years it was the fastest growing city in the fastest growing state.  That all changed in 2008.  The effects of the downturn are visible as you walk along the Strip.

We had to mail some things to the grand kids in Texas, so we went by the house to pick them up and take them to the  post office.  Gerri dropped me off at the PO and I waited in line to mail the packages. After that I walked to the house.

Gerri had a Bunco game so I stayed at the house to catch up on mail,  I also went for my evening walk. This was the first time in over 8 years that I did over 10,000 steps.

After Bunco we went back to the resort.  I stayed up reading until 2 AM, Gerri was asleep quite a bit earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment