Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wednesday, August 29, 2012, Delta, UT


I thought we slept in this morning, until I remembered the time change from PDT to MDT. Of course my first priority was fixing coffee.
I got through my e-mail and tried to post pictures to my last two days blogs, no success on that. I also tried to get my Geocaching profile to load, no success there either. Oh well I'll try again tomorrow.
I don't know why, but I tried the satellite to tune into DirecTV again. When I turned on the KVH switch I heard a couple of thumps and then the regular grinding sound we associate with normal operation. After a short period the picture came on through both receivers. Later an update came through for the rear receiver.
I down loaded several nearby caches and went hunting. I found five before heading back to the RV Park. While I was away there was a download for the front DirecTV receiver that didn't apply properly. After a couple of tries we were successful in applying the update. I still don't know what the earlier problem was.
I downloaded some more caches and went back out. I found eight more.
While out I bought six ears of corn at a roadside stand to go with the chicken Gerri was cooking.
Gerri has been battling with a bill she received from a hospialist who was called in while she was in the rehab hospital. This doctor is not under our insurance so Gerri has now worked her way up to the CEO over Desert Canyon Rehabilitation Hospital and trying to work out a settlement with them. We chose this place because it is covered under our insurance and the hospital should have not called in a doctor out of our network. It was a good day to make phone calls since we were not on the road.
Sunset in Delta, UT
After getting back to the coach I waited for the temperature to cool off a little and hooked up the Jeep in preparation to move tomorrow. While I was hooking up there was another coach leaving. I noticed that one of his tow bars wasn't hooked up. I managed to flag him down before any damage was done. I know how easy it is to make this mistake; I did the same thing last year in Shipshewana. We were both lucky with no serious damage done, only a little metal ground off.
The corn was very good with the chicken Gerri had cooked. The chicken was the best ever. Gerri cooked the corn in the microwave and we tried a trick we had seen on You Tube to get the husk off and leaving none of the silk on the ear. It didn't work but we managed, the corn was very good. Tomatoes and cottage cheese completed the meal.
We watched some TV and put in some computer time before going to bed at 10:30.

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment