Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Thursday, August 23, 2012, Reno, NV

Thursday, August 23, 2012, Reno, NV

We left Tonopah at 9:45. Before leaving I pulled out of the site and one of the storage door worked, unfortunately the one that still doesn't work is the one with the refrigerator with our extra drinks and food. When I was unhooking the utilities I think I solved the water fill problem. I pressed the spray head lever to rerelease pressure on the city water hose. It came on without me turning the knob for the cold water. The cold water was all the way open. I'll be sure tonight by checking before I go to bed.

Our route today is US-95 to Fallon, US-50 to Fernley, I-80 to Reno and the north on US-395 to Parr Blvd. and the Shamrock RV Park. A trip pf 240 miles which took about 4 hours.

We got stuck for a half hour just north of Hawthorne in a one lane area of road construction. The drive was uneventful. At 60-65 mph it was much smoother than most stretches of Interstate we travel on. North of Tonopah we noticed how murky the sky was. It wasn't rain clouds it was smoke from California and Nevada wildfires. By Fallon my eyes were burning. We arrived at the RV park at 2:30 and were assigned space F-12, two years ago we were in F-13. I still couldn't get the third bay door on the curbside open. I plan to call American Coach in the morning.

I'm not posting pictures today, there is not much between Tonopah and Fallon except creosote and rabbit brush. From there to Reno some farm land and bare hills.

After getting set up we went to Kathleen's for visiting and supper. Sean and I played World of War Craft for awhile. He had me start a new character and helped me level it up to 6 with a higher level character of his.

We had pot roast with gravy for supper which we had brought it with us from Las Vegas. Kathleen fixed rice, garlic bread and Caesars salad to go with the roast. After supper Sean and I took the cushions we had brought for our friend Don Damitz.

Back at Kathleen's we had cake and ice cream to celebrate granddaughter Kayla's birthday, she lives in Seattle.

A little after 9 we went back to the RV. Granddaughters Shannon and Milana are sleeping over with us tonight. They are the first to sleep on the queen size bed in the living room. I had to search for the pump and then find out how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment