Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012


Thursday February 9, 2012
Plans to go downtown today were scuttled by the lack of a suitable car to rent. I did reserve one for Friday.
Most of the day was spent around the pool watching for whales and watching the local birds I did win one game of Loteria.
We talked to an artist who was painting in watercolors,


and Beverly from Iowa.
Since out trip downtown was canceled and we had eaten all the food in the room, we opted for dinner at Girasoles de la Hacienda. Evelyn went to supper with us. We all had the Pork Pazole with a lot of trimmings on the side. We went to dinner at at 7 and sent a lot of time over dinner and with conservation. It was late when we got back to our room. No Quidler tonight and to bed early.
Evelyn moves to another timeshare downtown tomorrow. We will take her there once we pick up the car.

Friday February 10, 2012
Ditto, pool. Very warm today. I won on game of Loteria. A group of young people were playing basketball in the pool.


Close attention had to be paid to follow the Loteria game. They were having a lot of fun, very polite, maybe military. I won one game.
We picked up a rental car at 3 and took Evelyn to her next timeshare, Casa Dorado downtown.
After some shopping we at supper at Panchos and shopped again
A stop at Costco rounded out our day in town. We were pretty tired when we got back to the Hacienda Del Mar.
We played a game of Quidler before computer time. Neva won. We have each won two games.

Saturday February 11, 2012
While we still had the car I drove up to San Jose hoping to get four. I found one at Zipper's restaurant. The next two were nearly two miles up a dry wash on a dirt road. I decided not to go there in the rented car. The other was at the marina in San Jose, but I didn't find it. It was the first time I had been to the marina in San Jose, very nice.
Back at the pool I won one game of Loteria.

Loteria card
Back at the room I won the nightly game of Quidler.

Sunday February 12, 2012
Another glorious day in Cabo. Blue sky and not a cloud in sight until ate afternoon and they were way out over the sea.

No winners today at Loteria.
I won at Quidler again. We now stand me 4, Gerri and Neva at two each.

Monday February 13, 2012
Moving day! We go to a two bedroom unit today. It is Neva's last full day. Her Shuttle leaves the hotel at 11:20 in the morning
Everything was moved to the new room by 2:15. Gerri and Neva had already gone to the pool area. None of us won at Loteria.
We decided on dinner at Villa Serena, so I made reservations for 7 PM. I also arraigned for a rental car on Thursday to pick up Beth and Tim at the airport
Security may be tightening up on Thursday. The bellman who moved us told me that the Sheraton was hosting the G-20 nations.
We took a taxi to Villa Serena. For supper Gerri and I ordered t-bone steaks and Neva ordered the coconut shrimp. Out t-bones were to tough to cut so we sent them back. Gerri changed to the coconut shrimp and still being daring, I opted to try the filet. With those changes we had a very good meal and in a beautiful setting. They have enlarged the pool and added a deck on the other side and a palapa with more seating.

At Pancho's

In this building my router doesn't work so we can only go on line for 30 minutes a day with one computer. At the other room we both could get on at the same ½ hour. Thus a lot of these daily blogs will be posted at the same time, probably after we get to Escondido.
Back at our room, Neva won at Quidler. The tally is now; Gerri two, Neva 3 and me 4 games won.
Neva spent some time with final packing and before we knew it it was midnight.


Tuesday February 14, 2012
Today Neva departs the hotel at 11:20, so she was busy this morning making sure everything was in order for her trip home. We will meet her in Escondido on the 27th. Gerri plans to stay there at the Lawrence Welk Resort and drive home with Neva on March 4th. I will probably go home on the 1st or 2nd after we have dinner with cousins Bill and Arlene at Norte's.
Gerri graciously consented to be my Valentine, and I hers.
Gerri went to the pool before her mom left and I went there at about noon. Gerri won one game of Loteria.
Tonight was the welcome party for owners and guest. It was back to wings and ribs. But they seem better this year. WE talked to a couple from Long Island that just bought, Scott and Margaret.
Back at the unit we watched some TV and checked e-mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment