Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, February 26, 2012


Frank & Gerri
Tim & Beth
Tuesday February 21, 2012
Gerri's back got worse and we called a doctor.  After examining her he gave her a shot and instructions to rest and take a hot bath in the evening.  He also left a prescription in case some pain lingered on.
I went to the pool in time for Loteria.  To get in the shade I had to sit at one of the tables by the activity center.  No straining to hear the calls from there.  I was pretty near a winner, the lady next to me won a game.
Gerri finished of the tuna salad I had made for supper last night.  I went to the owner's welcome party and had Tacos al Pastor. Later I microwaved some popcorn we had brought from home.
View from our room

There is a bell in the belfry....Gerri had to tell me!

Wednesday February 22, 2012
Gerri still had some pain this morning so I had the front desk call in the prescription and had it delivered.
Gerri did go to the pool.  It has gotten more crowded this week, lounges were scarce.  No winners at Loteria.  We split a Taco Salad for lunch.
For supper we had ham and eggs.  As with most nights we finished up the day with reading and computer time.  We are still getting time, but my computer can only pickup the network if I sit on the bed.  It won't come in at the breakfast bar or in the living room.
Sunset


Thursday February 23, 2012
Our time is winding down. Only four more days.  We may vary our routine by going to the pool area, reading and then playing Loteria.  No winners.
The wind was blowing, so Gerri went back to our room,  I stayed at the pool and read until about 5.
I made tuna salad again and we had that for supper.
Los Arcos


Friday February 24, 2012
Another ditto day, including no winners at Loteria.
Tonight was our last supper in the room.  We fried a ham steak and had couscous with pico de gallo.  We have done well with our shopping.  Everything has been used except the coffee and bottled water.  We will take the coffee home with us.


Toes to Ocean


Saturday February 25, 2012
Ditto pool area and Loteria.  I did place a call to Bob Rodreick in Kettle Falls, WA to wish him a happy birthday.  He was busy clearing 7” of snow off his drive way before the nights freeze.
Since our time in Mexico is winding down we decided try a new restaurant, well new to us.  We took the hotel shuttle downtown and ate dinner at La Dolce.  Italian food, very good and reasonably priced.
We took a taxi back to the Hacienda Del Mar.
After some reading and computer time we called it a night.
BIG YACHT

Sunday February 26, 2012
Our last day in Mexico, tomorrow it will be pack and travel, maybe time for breakfast at Tomato's.
At the pool area, I won one game of Loteria and was one picture short on two other games.
We had a late lunch at the pool and finished off the leftovers back in the room later.
Gerri started some of the packing, I had already arranged  for the shuttle to the airport in the morning at 11:20.
We filled out our evaluation of our stay with special mention of Eduardo, our pool attendant, who was  especially attentive to our comfort and needs.
Eduardo


No comments:

Post a Comment