Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Monday March 7 and Tuesday March 8, 2011 San Clemente State Beach, CA



Sunset Over Sata Catalina Island
 
The main order of business on Monday was to drop Kathleen and the girls off at John Wayne Airport for their flight home. We met them at the El Torrito restaurant and shared appetizers before the flight. After we saw them off Gerri and I drove the cars back to San Clemente. On the way I stopped and did a cache.

We had dinner with the Cavagnaros. Bill grilled a great roast; we had a jicama salad, green beans, mushrooms, baked potatoes and hot fresh bread. This was another great meal with great company.

My agenda for Tuesday was geocaching. I didn’t get up very early. Bill and John were out on their bike ride by the time I was moving around. I did four caches in the downtown area before Bill called and I picked him up at the RV Park. Bill and I did five more caches before going back to the RV Park. We were invited to dinner but decided to eat some of our own leftovers.

I went down to the end of the Park for sunset pictures. It was a clear day and I got some good pictures of the sunset over Santa Catalina Island.

Day is done, gone the sun

From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky

All is well, safely rest

God is near.

Fading light dims the sight

And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright

From afar, drawing near

Falls the night.

Thanks and praise for our days

Neath the sun, neath the stars, neath the sky

As we go, this we know

God is near.







No comments:

Post a Comment