Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Oct. 23, 2009

From the Rockwell RV Park, Oklahoma City, OK.
Grey again this morning but no rain or wind. It cleared later in the day, sunshine at last. This our last full day in Oklahoma. I did two geocaches in the morning. We went to visit Gerri’s aunt Gladys King. She lives in an assisted living facility next to Oklahoma Christian University. I had last seen her in 1975 or ’76. Gerri has last seen her at Gerri’s Grandmothers funeral in 1991. We spent the afternoon with some catch up.
In the evening cousin Tammy and her family came to the park for a visit . Her husband, Brian, hadn’t seen our RV so I gave another nickel tour. Tammy brought over oatmeal cookies and brownies for our going away present. They might not last till we leave.
I hooked up the Jeep tonight . I’ll do the utilities tomorrow in the daylight. I hope to get underway by 9 or 9:30 in the morning and be in Garrison, TX by late afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Frank,
    I like the badge you have to the left. Don't know if you have followed the news here or not, but even though 64,999,987 firearms owners didn't kill anyone, 1 police officer was killed and another severly injured because they weren't wearing their seatbelts. Now here is the kicker, police officers in LV, and I presume NV throughout, are basiclly free from having to wear seatbelts, but yet they give tickets to those who don't.

    ReplyDelete