Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Oct. 19, 2009

It was windy during the early morning. We only had the bedroom slide out and the awning was snapping really loud.
Still clockly deficient and woke up an hour before I wanted to. I think this clock is one of the Atomic ones that is set by radio waves.
I tried for a nearby cache but no luck. We left Springfield at about 9:30 AM. Our target for this afternoon is the Rockwell RV Park, just off I-40 on the west side of OKC.
We had a head wind crossing from the left all day. Once in Oklahoma the speed limit was 75mph.. I got up to 70 for awhile. The crossing wind made me uncomfortable at that speed so I slowed it down to 60. Much more relaxing at that speed.
We got to the RV park at about 3:10 PM and set up. It was still very windy but a lot warmer. Gerri made contact with some of the people we will be visiting here.
We went to Shorty Small’s for supper. We all ordered big meals, so now we have leftovers for at least two meals.
Glenna gets her hair done at the shop here in the park office in the morning at 10 AM.
Tomorrow Gerri plans to start catching up on the laundry tomorrow. My ony plan is to get some heavy duty sleep tonight.
We drove 268 miles today in two states today.

No comments:

Post a Comment