Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oct. 22, 2009

From the Rockwell RV Park, Oklahoma City, OK.
Another morning sleeping in late. I guess we needed to catch up after a wee in Decatur and two days on the road. Very clody today but not a lot of rain and colder than yesterday.
We went to Helene Anderson’s after lunch. Helene is the Grandmother of our nephews Chris, Brian and Matt Anderson. In our family things aren’t simple and you might need a program to know all the players. Maybe I need to print one up. Brian and his girlfriend (Miranda) and his father, Fred, were also there. Miranda is a new player for my program, nice lady. We played a game of Chicago. I really don’t care for bidding type card games, mainly because I don’t play them well. With seven players the game is 14 hands. Wonder of wonders I was only set once and was the winner for the day.
We talked Helene out of cooking for the group and decided on Italian food. We went to Zio’s in Bricktown. For those who aren’t familiar with OKC, Bricktown is a kind of downtown redevelopment area centered around a canal system. Lots of restaurants and shopping with other development like condos and hotels nearby. If you are in OKC it’s really worth seeing. I know a lot of people make fun of Oklahoma and Oklahomans but, OKC is really quite a cosmopolitan place.
The meals at Zio’s are reasonably priced and plentiful enough that everyone took home enough for another meal.
After supper Fred and Helene came over to see our home away from home. I showed Fred World of Warcraft and when we have a better connection I’ll send him a trial invitation. Brian already plays but not on the same server as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment