Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Monday December 29, 2014 Kyle, TX

We had our coffee at about 9 AM.  It was very nice out and sunny.  We spent time with the kids, and catching up on computer stuff while Curtis and Dana took down the Christmas decorations.

I drove up to a Miracle Ear store in south Austin to get adjustments on my hearing aids. The right one had been giving me a lot of feedback.  Other people in the room could hear it squealing, so it was time to take care of it.  While there I did two caches in the shopping center before heading back.

When I got back Gerri and Dana had gone shopping and the kids were playing with friends.  When they got back we rounded up the kids to go caching with me since this was forecast to be the last nice day before we leave.

The found log
Brandon, Vanessa and I set out in the van to the nearest cache that we hadn't already looked for.  The iPhone works very well in places like Maui but in Texas with winding roads going in every direction and lots of housing tracts I spent a lot of time finding the correct roads.  The map system in the phone doesn't work very well with city names like Buda.  We managed to find the first one and then one that Vanessa and I didn't find yesterday.  We stopped and looked for a cache that Vanessa and I had missed yesterday but couldn't find it. It was getting dark so we tried another one that I hadn't found last year.  We found this one easily and headed home.

The container in its hiding spot

We got home in time for supper.  Dana had made tortilla soup.  After dinner Dana and Curtis went to a movie for "Date Night" while Gerri and I stayed with the kids.

We called it a night at about 11.



No comments:

Post a Comment