Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Wednesday November 12, 2014 Carlsbad, CA

I had set up the coffee last night so all I had to do was turn it on.  While I waited for the coffee, I opened my birthday cards.  This is the 73rd anniversary of my birth and it even falls on the day of the week on which I was born.

I can not help but think of my mother today.  I am thankful for hard decisions she made at that time when war was raging in Europe and approaching in the Pacific.  I am also thankful for the long time she was with us.

My birthday cupcake
We had lunch of leftovers from last night's meal at the Harbor Fish Company.  After lunch Gerri gave me a haircut and we prepared for the afternoon visit to cousin Arlene and He Who Wants to Remain Unnamed on Facebook's home.


Sunset at Dana Pount
Arlene and Gerri at Sonny's

Neva, HWWTRUONF and me at Sonny's
At about 3 we went to Arlene and HWWTRUOF's and visited until about 5.  We then headed to our favorite Italian restaurant in the area, Sonny's Pizza in San Clemente.  Our meal was as good as we expected and of course the company was the best.  We spent about two more hours eating and visiting.  We all had leftovers to take back to the resort.  After goodbyes we left the restaurant separately.


When we got back to the resort I had a cookie bouquet from Curt and Dana and family.












Back at the resort we played a rousing game of Mexican Train.  I won, this was two in a row.

What a great day!  Another enjoyable birthday with a call from Todd, Emma,Wyatt and Jeannette in Long Beach.   The  surprise was that both Emma and Wyatt spoke on the phone and then sang happy birthday to me.  I also got calls from the kids in Texas; Curtis, Dana, Brandon and Vanessa.  A surprise call came from grandson Sean in Reno.  Then there was the 100+ well wishers on Facebook.

Some computer time and reading finished off the day. Tomorrow I start my 74th year. I am so thankful to God for all his blessings.  That are too numerous to list, but at the top are my family, friends and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment