Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tuesday November 11, 2014 Carlsbad, CA

We made this a lazy day, we had nothing planned.  We lingered over our coffee and a food bar each.

Later we had lunch of left overs.  Gerri and Neva had their left over fajitas from El Torito and I had the pizza.

The sun was out for the most of the day but there was a heavy marine layer.



Just before sunset we drove to Carlsbad Village. On the way we stopped at a small park at the corner of Cannon and Carlsbad Blvd. to look for a geocache.  I had found two in this park over the years that have been archived.  I didn't find the new one, maybe later.









We parked in an area overlooking the beach near the Carlsbad Inn. We got some pretty good pictures.  We never saw the sun set into the ocean because of the marine layer.  The reddest clouds were to the east.



 For dinner we decided on the nearby Harbor Fish Company.  They have excellent fish tacos and fish and chips.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/harbor-fish-cafe-carlsbad










Gerri and I both had a cup of clam chowder.  We ate early but we all ordered the two piece plate of fish and chips.  Of course we had a piece of fish each and plenty of fries left over for another meal.

Back at the resort we played a game of dominoes, Mexican Train.  JoNell will be glad to hear that I squeaked out a victory.  It isn't often that I can beat two Barnharts at any table games.

I didn't make it much past 9:30.  I suppose that was because of my late night reading yesterday. I have no idea when the ladies called it a night.



No comments:

Post a Comment