Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Saturday November 15, 2014 Carlsbad, CA

We were all up by 9 AM and started drinking our coffee.  For the ladies this was an off day with nothing planned.

I got dressed and went out caching at about 1:30. There are caches nearby but some are on trails and for the one around Legoland and there is no place to park.  Instead of going into town and seeking caches, I tried some of a series on a  trail near the Carlsbad Crossings Golf Course.  The first cache took me down a step section of trail and was an easy find.  The next took me further down the trail and the trail got steeper.  I didn't find the second cache which was 1/10th of a mile from the first one which was 1/10th of a mile from where I parked.  I went further along the trail and found two more caches.  The last one was interesting.  It was an expended .50 caliber cartridge with a section of the linkbelt still attached.  A bullet held the log in it.

I walked further along the trail and decided that if it made a loop back to the parking lot it was a lot further than returning the way I had come.  On the way back I found the cache that had eluded me on the trip down.  The path was steep but I slowly worked my way back to the car.  With a tough hike and four caches found I returned to the resort.



We played a game of Mexican train, Neva won. That makes the domino score 2 for me and one each for the ladies during this week.

Later Neva and I walked out on the walk above the flower fields for sunset pictures.  We didn't see the main layer until the sun reached it and it became obscured.  There was a hole in the layers of the fog and it made for a brief but interesting reappearance of the sun before it sat in the ocean.

Back at our unit, Gerri warmed up the leftovers from Sonny's and we had a good and plentiful meal.

The rest of the evening consisting of TV, computer time and reading before calling it a night.

This morning I started the routine of eye drops in preparation for my surgery this Tuesday.  Post operative eye drops continue for my left eye until November 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment