Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Sunday, November 18, 2012, Ka’anapali, Maui, HI


Sunday, November 18, 2012, Ka'anapali, Maui, HI


This morning was still cloudy but the wind was down to a breeze. By late morning the sun was out with some clouds hanging around.

Cultural Performance
We decided to go into Lahaina for some shopping and a late lunch. We took a taxi from the resort into town. Our driver, Ann, was very nice and gave us information along the way. She has only been in Hawaii for a short time; she was raised in Vietnam and came to Hawaii from South Carolina. Our original plan was to eat at Cheeseburger In Paradise. Ann also recommended Cool Cat's. 

We walked around the waterfront for awhile and decided to try Cool Cat's.   The burgers and onion rings were good, but next time we will go to Cheeseburger in Paradise and compare.
Frank and Gerri

Neva



At Cool Cat's
Burgers and rings
Pearl diving



Neva in Lahaina


After eating Gerri and Neva went shopping and I walked to the nearest geocache. The ladies bought Maui sweatshirts for themselves and a couple of shirts for me. 
I found the cache which was in front of a Catholic Church built in 1846.  The cache was too small to leave a travel bug. This was my third cache found in Hawaii.

Neva by the sea
Gerri spotted me as I got back to the main street. She and her Mom were at a place that sold pearls. They both bought pearl earrings. We rested for awhile and talked to a local character. When we were ready to go we called the taxi driver, Ann. Ann picked us up and we returned to the resort at about 5 PM.


We relaxed with the TV on. I tried to do some Sudoku puzzles and Gerri and her Mom read. I for one was ready for bed by 6 PM, I guess I'm still on Texas time. I made it through a couple of Law and Order episodes and a couple of Sudoku puzzles before giving in and calling it a night.


It was a good day, with family in a beautiful place.

1 comment: