Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday, November 3, 2012, Fort McDowell, AZ


Saturday, November 3, 2012, Fort McDowell, AZ
An advertisement 
We decided to stay at Fort McDowell another day and drive all the way to Las Vegas on Sunday.
I got out of the park to try to get pictures of the surrounding mountains. Most of the roads off US-87 are posted no trespassing, entry only to members of the Yavapai Tribe. Also most places had power lines in the way of a good view.

I drove into Fountain Hills and did a cache. On the way back to the park I took a dirt road for a short distance and saw what appeared to be a sculpture. I stopped thinking it might be some type of cultural display. Turns out it was a display advertising the different types of landscaping materials available from a nearby quarry.
There are a lot of Saguaros in the area

I did manage to get some pictures of the mountains relative free of power lines.

I talked to several neighbors during the afternoon. One thing about RVing is that you meet such interesting people along the way. I often write about the distances we travel on given days, usually not more than 300 miles. The people I have talked to here tend to travel even shorter distances, more like 200-250 miles.

This old Saguaro has taken a beating but still survives
I unhooked everything except the power. I also rolled up all the awnings, all we have to do in the morning is get the inside ready and hook up the Jeep. We may have to stop for fuel, but otherwise we will drive straight home. It's about 320 miles.


At the Eagle View RV Resort

The nearby Verde River

East of the parl

Leftovers were for dinner. Some computer and TV and it was bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment