Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tuesday June 21, 2011

Wow, we are a time zone from home, so we didn’t get up until after 8 AM. We left the park at about 10 AM, en route to Amarillo, TX. I stopped for a cache at the intersection of NM 14 and the road that goes to the park. A quick find, my 3398th.


Today was another uneventful travel day across part of New Mexico and Texas to a RV park in Amarillo, TX. Today we drove a distance of about 270 miles.

There were a few choices of parks in Amarillo, I choose the Wonderland RV Park at 2001 Dumas Road. I choose it over others because of the distance from the Interstate. What I didn’t know was that Dumas Road, also known as US-287 is a controlled access route with a lot of traffic noise. It wasn’t awful for tired travelers. The only other problem with the park wasn’t their fault. On a GPSR when the address 2001 Dumas Road is entered you will get the wrong directions. If you plan to stay here you should call for better directions.

Man, it is some flat country across most of New Mexico and Texas, but it is the arid high country that I love.

I checked for nearby geocaches, but the closest was over a half mile and I didn’t want to unhook the Jeep.

It was warm at the RV Park, but we were able to open the windows at about 7:30 PM and enjoy the fresh air.

Gerri still isn’t feeling well, so Glenna and I had supper by ourselves.

Some TV time and then to bed. We plan to arrive in Shawnee, OK tomorrow afternoon and be there until the 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment