Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday June 27, 2011

Another hot day. As I have done every morning I went to breakfast and brought back plates for Gerri and Glenna.

I then went downtown to the post office to mail paper work to the Carlsbad Inn.

At two I took Glenna to the ice cream social. I should say I had Gerri drop us off at the ice cream social and then pick us up when it was over.

I went caching before supper and found five. That makes six for the day, counting one I did when I went to the post office this morning.

When we came through Amarillo we saw a sign about “The Trail of the Painted Ponies,” sounded like the buffalo in Great Falls. While out caching I saw two painted ponies here in Shawnee. They must have had a similar event here. The artist had dated the pony 2007.

Shawnee Pony


When I got back from caching the front IR was off and the coach was like an oven. One of the breakers had blown when Gerri used the microwave. I reset the breaker and ran the genset until things cooled off. There isn’t enough power from the pedestal in the late afternoon heat to supply the entire coach needs.

By bed time we were cool and comfortable. I did hear the ac come on a couple of times during the night. The forecast is for rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment