Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Friday January 15, 2016 At Sea Between Cozumel, Mexico and Houston, Texas




The Ides of January, the first month of 2016 is half over.  We docked at Cozumel at about 5:30.  I knew that because the side thrusters woke me up.  I went back to sleep, we had no tours planned for today.  We had our coffee and breakfast in the cabin.  Gerri got ready and went to the pool area.  I had checked the GPS and decided to walk outside and see if any of the caches were close enough to try for.  From the end of the dock the nearest cache that I hadn’t found was 6 tenths of a mile away.  Further than I wanted to walk in the heat and humidity.  I debated taking one of the many Pedicabs that were plying the docks, but decided against it.

I went back on board and spent some time in the library.  The Carnival Magic was docked across from us.  I believe from Facebook that our friend Maryetta Bowman is on that ship.  What a coincidence if I had seen her on the dock, but I didn’t.  That ship is at least as large as ours, with as many passengers;

I met Gerri back at the cabin.  We rested for a while before dressing for the Captain’s Circle Party.  We did watch a beautiful sunset and moon rise from our balcony before going to the party.  We sat with a couple from South Carolina,  They also had ties to the Houston area.  The top two most traveled passengers we introduced.  They were the same people as last week, now with even more days at sea.






We went to our regular dining table and time.  We dined alone again.  Tonight was Lobster and prawns.  We both had Escargot and then the Lobster.  I also ordered the Beef Wellington to make my meal Surf and Turf.

After dinner we stopped by the Crooner’s Lounge.  We heard one and a half songs and the piano player went on break.  We had seen the performance in the Princess Theater twice before so we decided to return to the cabin.  We read and tried to solve Sudoku puzzles before going to sleep.  I think I am getting better at them.  I still fail many of the more difficult puzzles and am much slower than Gerri with the ones I do solve.


No comments:

Post a Comment