Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Saturday July 5, 2014 Seward, Alaska

We had to race the train for a picture
Turnagain Arm of Chickaloon Bay
I had a terrible night.  I woke up with an acid re-flux attack at 1:30.  Then it was 78 in the bedroom and I had to turn the air on to cool it down to sleep, it was 74 outside. The A/C ran for about and hour.  At 5 I woke up cold.  It was still in the low 70's  I was afraid I was coming down with something and prayed that the chills didn't start.  They didn't but I had a hard time getting up when it was time to get ready to leave.

I made coffee and as usual drank it while getting the coach ready to roll.  I was lazy last night and hadn't hooked the Jeep up for towing.  Nor had I taken the flags down.  I am still having trouble with a bay door on the drivers side of the coach popping open.  I moved things I need every stop to other compartments and now keep it taped shut.  It may come unlatched but it can't swing open.

East Fork of Six Mile Creek
I stopped at a Fred Meyer station for fuel and we were on our way by 9am.  Our route today took us through part of Anchorage.  The road was good, We were even on Interstate for a short distance.  Traffic was heavy, the combination of a big city and holiday weekend.  We drove for a long distance along the shore of the Turnagain Arm of Chickaloon Bay.  The bay water looked shallow and was brown far out from shore.  There was a train track along the road.  Gerri tried to get a picture of the train.  We had to drive ahead twice and find an adequate turnout.  She got some fair pictures.  At a rest stop overlooking the East Fork of Six Mile Creek.  I looked unsuccessfully for a geocache.

Mountains along the way
We arrived at the Stony Creek RV Park at about 1 PM.  Since we will be here two nights, I hooked up all the utilities.  This park is out in the woods and is about six miles from Seward.

After getting set up, I took a nap.  At 6 we had a gathering to celebrate Bob and Rebecca's 40th wedding anniversary.  Everyone brought heavy hors d'oeuvres.

Back at the coach we were on Skype with Todd and Wyatt with Emma reading in the back ground.  It was great to see them.  They and Curtis' family will be using our timeshares at the Carlsbad Inn next week.  Of course we are in Alaska.

We called it a night at about 10.  Not a bad day, great scenery and an easy drive.  The clouds were getting pretty low when we went to bed and it was 55 degrees outside.  No A/C tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment