Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Friday July 18, 2014 North Pole, Alaska (near Fairbanks)

You would think that on a "free" day we would sleep in.  I was up at 6:30 and Gerri was up before that.  I made coffee and got caught up on computer activity.

A dog team hooked up to an engineless ATV
It rained more during the night.  The morning was overcast with the sun showing periodically.  Gerri got some wash started and I cleaned the windshield.  The entire coach needs cleaned outside and in all the bays.  There is little point in doing serious cleaning until we get further south and out of the intermittent gravel road and construction areas.

In the afternoon we went shopping for a few items at Sam's Club. While there I filled the Jeep tank with gasoline.  I also found a cache in the parking lot.  We also went to Fred Myers for some items.  I bought a new remote for the center TV.  I also bought new wiper blades for the Jeep and a set of carpet covers for the motorhome's outside steps and some Gorilla glue.  I am going to try to fix the vacuum hose.
Reindeer on our riverboat tour


It rained some more in the afternoon.  The storm was short but it was the hardest rain we have experienced on the trip.

Back at the coach I tuned the universal remote to match the TV but couldn't get any channels off the air.  I always forget how to do some of the things I don't use often.

I gave up on the TV and went out to find a cache.  This one was the 100th I have found since leaving home on May 27.  51 more and I am at 4500 finds, I don't count my DNF anymore.  There are a lot of those.

Fairbanks, Christmas in July
We had a group get together at a pavillion in the RV Park along the river  This river was, like all the creeks and streams in the area have been running swiftly and very full. Everyone pitched in and brought different snacks.  We were having a very good time when Santa came in and made it even better.  One of the group, Brian, had brought a Santa suit and played the part very well. Brian is the life of every party or even a bus ride if there is no party.

A cache, not a geocache
After the party broke up we returned to the coach and Gerri continued her washing chores.  I started to plug my phone into the charger and discovered that I had left it at the pavillion.  I got dressed and headed that way.  I didn't get far when Arthur hailed me and ask if I had lost something.  Whew!  Thank you Arthur

I didn't have the abundance of pictures to choose from for this blog, so I have included a few that didn't get published before.

We were in bed by 10, me to sleep and Gerri to read.












0

No comments:

Post a Comment