Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oceanside, CA

From the Southern California Beach Club, Oceanside, CA N33º11.567’ W117º22.918’

Tuesday November 16, 2010

It was overcast this morning when we got up. Last night the news reported that no flights could land at San Diego’s Lindberg Field due to fog.

While Glenna and Gerri lounged around, I checked out a bicycle from the resort and rode around the area picking up six caches. According to my map there are about fifty on the San Luis Rey River Trail. I think when we come to San Clemente next year, I’ll bring my own bike and try to do those from the start of the trail to the ocean. It looks like about ten miles with a cache at every allowable interval.

We had dinner at the Norte Mexican Restaurant next to the Carlsbad Inn. This is our favorite Mexican Restaurant in the area; It used to be named Fidel’s Norte. Same great food.

Wednesday November 17, 2010

I went caching again today on a bicycle. We had plans to leave for a visit to Gerri’s cousins, Bill and Arlene in Dana Point, so I had to be back at 1 PM. I did get three caches; they are now further from the resort. We arrived at Bill and Arlene’s at about 3 PM and socialized until about 5. We watched the sunset, nothing spectacular. It was a big red ball that went down behind some hills. It’s really odd; at the resort in Oceanside we look right out over the ocean for sunset, in Dana Point the land curves and it seems like we are looking north for the sunset. At Oceanside we look west to the ocean, in Dana Point the ocean is south and a little east because of the curve in the coast. We then went to dinner at Sonny’s in San Clemente. Sonny’s is our favorite Italian Restaurant in the area. Guess what dinner is tomorrow?

Thursday November 18, 2010

Gerri and Glenna went to the base for shopping and I checked out a bicycle and went geocaching. I found seven, ending up near the Jolly Roger at Oceanside Harbor. There was one I couldn’t find. I saw on the logs that Bill and Elaine had found it in August. I called them, but no answer. By the time Bill called back I was headed back to the timeshare. They are insane Francisco, and were walking across the Golden Gate Bridge when I called. It was too far to go back, but Bill gave me the info on another one that I went back to and found.
My Sunday sunset picture

I have logged today’s caches via my new GPSR and the Spot Communicator; I also sent a status report to FaceBook. I’ll see how that works. The only problem I have found so far in logging caches is that I have to go back and log the travel bugs.

After shopping at Pendleton, Gerri dropped Glenna off at the timeshare. When I got there I was told about an open house in unit 305. Glenna and I went there and socialized with other owners until Gerri joined us after that we went back to our own unit. Tonight dinner will be left over’s from the last few nights. Then TV and internet until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment