Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Friday, February 27, 2015

Thursday February 26, 2015 Lake Havasu City, AZ

I had my last radiation treatment at 9:30.  We were ready to leave home as planned at 12 noon. We didn't pack much and only had to check on clothing as we keep plenty in the coach.  I had Jay's Mobile Cleaning company out yesterday and they washed the coach.

The drive to Lake Havasu City is only about 150 miles.  The route was Buffalo to I-215 and east to I-515 (US-95) to the Searchlight turnoff and south on US-95 to I-40.  The road from Railroad Pass is very good and traffic was light.  It had been a while  since we had come this way and there is a lot of new commercial development on slope going down into Eldorado Valley.  US-95 was smoother than I remember after crossing into California. It didn't look like there had been recent work.  The road was still two lane with lots of dips and curves. Once on I-40 we continued to Arizona SR-95 ad then south to Lake Havasu City.  We are staying at the Havasu RV Resort on the north end of town.  We own a lot in the resort but it is rented out until mid March.  We have rented another spot from a friend of Keith and Alice's.

The view out our windshield
After getting set up and relaxing for a little while, we went to Alice and Keith's place and dinner and visited until about 9.  We met Alice and Keith a few years ago at Lake Texoma and have been good friends since.

We put in some computer time and went to bet atabout 11 MST.



No comments:

Post a Comment