Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Saturday, April 7, 2012



Friday, April 6, 2010, Aboard the Star Princess At Sea, N21°24.7034 W107°18.1091
Another sea day before arriving at Puerto Vallarta. We woke up to a cloudy morning, much warmer than yesterday. After coffee and fruit in the room Gerri and Neva were off to an 80% off sale You know the prices were high when they can afford to take off that much.
We had lunch from the grill by the pool and an ice cream cone. Gerri and Neva sat in the sun while I read.
After dinner we went to a ventriloquist show in the Vista Lounge, Dan Horn.


Saturday, April 7, 2012, Aboard the Star Princess At Sea, N20°59.0633 W106°23.9221
We were up at 8 AM even after losing an hour last night. We had coffee in our room and arrived in Puerto Vallarta at about 10. It was getting warm by the time we got ashore. I looked for a cache near the cruse ship terminal without any luck. The last couple of cachers also didn't find it. I think is missing. We looked around few shops. Then we headed along the main street for awhile but we were getting hot. Gerri and Neva decided to go back to the ship. I walked a little further and hailed a taxi to take me to the El Faro, a cache less than a mile away as the crow flies but quite a distance as the road goes. I did find this cache after some searching. I then caught a taxi back to the ship.
When I first got off the ship there was another nearby cache, but somehow I had erased it. Back in the stateroom I went on line and looked it up. Even though it hadn't been found by the last two cachers, I went for it. No luck, there was a obvious place to hide it but no container was there.


By this time I was hot, tired and hungry, so I went back to the ship and got a hamburger. I took a turn around the ship taking pictures of the harbor from all angles. We also took more pictures as we sailed away. The sky looked as though there might be a good sunset. But sunset wasn't until after our dinner seating.
We regain an hour tonight on the way back north west to Cabo San Lucas.


No comments:

Post a Comment