Following the Barkers

Following the Barkers

Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

 
From the Zion Canyon Campground and RV Park; N37°11.582’ W112°69.475’


When we got up this morning we decided to stay for a couple of days. In the afternoon I headed up toward Orderville for a few caches. The first one I found and the one I didn’t find were off US-89 south of Mt. Carmel Junction.

The first one I tried in Orderville was also a bust. Later I met another cacher and she gave me a better hint. In all I found six in the area.

On the way to Orderville I stopped and took a picture of the Great Arch in Zion and one of the “windows” of the Mt. Carmel Highway Tunnel.
On the way back to Springdale I spotted a small heard of buffalo in a field and stopped to take pictures. In the field across the road were horses, cows and Llamas. On the side of the road there was a truck with hunters scoping out the field with binoculars.















A little further down the road I had to come to a dead stop for a group of deer, including two young bucks with legal or close to it antlers. Just around the next curve was a group of pickups, ATVs and a couple of trailers with deer hunters. It appears that deer aren’t your run of the mill dumb animals.

It was getting late but from Orderville through the Mt. Carmel Tunnel I had no cell service to let Gerri know I was on the way back. Back at the RV Park the sunset was really lighting up the cliff on the opposite side of the river.
Several years ago I visited Orderville several times with my Step-father. He was a rock hound and visited Orderville several times before his death in 2005 to buy rocks for polished slabs, cabochons and other items. The last time I was here with him was about thirty years ago, not much has changed in Orderville.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment